There is nothing more important than your health – right? This is why trust is the hardest thing to win in the healthcare industry and is something consumer healthcare brands struggle with every day. But now the healthcare industry is changing drastically.
Patients’ needs and expectations from care providers have accelerated, with more demand for technology and innovation at every step. Consumers want the information and support they need at their fingertips, (which is why 89% of Australian consumers turn immediately to an online search when trying to find answers about a health query).
So now, brands who are active online and providing content are the ones who will succeed. In particular, video content — where viewership rises 100% every year — shows signs of being the most successful form of marketing for consumer healthcare brands.
So, how could your consumer healthcare business benefit from a touch of video marketing, and how do you make sure you get it right?
What Could You Do?
That’s all well and good, but how would a consumer healthcare brand even use video marketing? The good news is that there are many different types of video marketing out there, and even more ways they can be used.
A few examples of ways Orbital Media have helped consumer healthcare brands use video marketing include:
- Procedure & Treatment Overviews: Whether you’re offering a procedure, a treatment or a medication, there will be instructions for the customer to follow. But since most people either don’t read or don’t understand instruction leaflets, you need to find another way to get the information across. Explainer videos are a fantastic way to demonstrate how things work and what your customers need to do in an engaging way that’s easier to understand.
- FAQs: You will probably find that you get asked the same questions a lot. Whether that’s what dose a patient should be taking, to how to book an appointment with you, FAQs are just a part of running a consumer business. But to save you and your customers time and stress, you could create a video that gives the answers to all of these frequently asked questions, like ‘should I go to the doctor?’ and ‘What are the treatment options available?’. Building a brand with these kinds of videos not only clears up any confusion and provides a great resource, but also makes you the ‘go-to’ authority in your industry.
- Plan: Poorly planned videos turn into nothing more than poor videos – and your audience can tell. So rather than just putting someone in front of a camera, take some time to plan out what your videos will be about, what they need to say, and what’s the best type of video to do that.
- Experiment with different formats: There are dozens of different types of video marketing out there, from animated explainer videos to talking heads or video case studies. Each one can be really useful for a consumer healthcare brand, so try out a few varieties and find out which performs best.
- Make Your Content Relevant and Useful: Consumers demand and seek out content that is useful to them, not just shameless promotion of a business. Create content that addresses a need, or gives your viewers something useful, and you will see more success.
- Make Your Videos Too Long: Healthcare is a complicated field, which generally means you need to explain things. This is a good thing, but you need to make sure your videos don’t end up being the length of an essay. Attention spans are short, so if you start going on too long, go back and work out what really needs to be said.
- Ignore Aesthetics: No one is expecting Hollywood production values when it comes to consumer healthcare videos – but they equally don’t want something that looks as though it was shot on a mobile phone during someone’s lunch break. Make sure you pay attention to the quality, look and feel of your video, and ensure it reflects your values as a business. If you can, bring in a videographer to create high-quality videos for you.
- Forget the Regulations: there are a lot of rules and regulations that govern the consumer healthcare industry, and you need to make sure you’re on the right side of them. This means your videos might have to be checked by a number of people to make sure they don’t break any rules before they can be posted.
At Orbital Media, we specialise in helping consumer healthcare brands understand what video marketing can do for them and help them achieve their goals using effective video techniques. If you would like to find out more, just get in touch with the team today and we will happily answer any questions.